WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management Systems(CMS) for making a new website and every WordPress developer has a toolkit of plugins they can’t live without. There are over 30,000 plugins available, allowing you to customise the software to your personal preferences. Choosing the best plugin for your WordPress site will help make your day-to-day life easier and deliver a better experience for your users as well, but with so many plugins available, how do you decide which ones to use?
Top 10 must use plugin’s for WordPress website development.
1) WordPress SEO by Yoast : WordPress SEO is not just an SEO plugin, it is the complete website optimisation package. This plugin, written by the team at Yoast, helps you to improve your site’s SEO and to write better content. WordPress SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword in all of your SEO optimisation. Apart from adding titles and descriptions to your articles, it also allows you to add open graph meta data, do page analysis, publish xml sitemap, and so much more. It is easy to install and setup and is an essential plugin to ensure you have a fully optimised WordPress site.
2) BackupBuddy: Every business that has a website needs to have a way to back up that website on a regular basis. Website backups should be secure and restorable in a short period of time. That it exactly what BackupBuddy does. BackupBuddy allows you to create full or partial backups of your WordPress website including core WordPress, database, and all plugins. It even allows you to schedule regular backups and store them in various locations such as local hosting, Amazon S3, FTP, Dropbox, or BackupBuddy Stash.
3) WooCommerce : WooCommerce is a full featured e-commerce solution, that offers product and digital sales, service sales, and more. The code is solid, and it is VERY easy to use, right out of the box. Plus…it’s Free! You get integration with some basic payment providers. But make no mistake, even the free version of woo commerce and its free extensions can be enough to power your entire store, or nonprofit. We’ve used it to help organizations take donations, sell tickets to basic events, track inventory, ship products, run basic memberships, and more.
4) W3 Total Cache: Cache is a special storage, which is there in every system, whether it is a PC or smartphone or tablet. This storage is used to save local data temporary, just to make its delivery to the system ultra-fast. W3 Total Cache is a free plugin and recommended one from my side. You can install, activate and set it up (the whole process is easy and once it’s running it will severely increase the website speed and performance at almost every user’s end. If any web browser disables storing of cache data, then this phenomena won’t work, which is itself a rare condition.
5) Contact form 7: Contact form 7 is easily one of the most popular free form plugin out there, it has had more than 16 million downloads. This plugin manages multiple contact forms, plus you can customise the form and any email content with simple markup. The form also supports AJAX-powered submission, CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering.
6) Slider Revolution: Slider Revolution is simply the best slider available for WordPress. It allows you to feature Images in layers anywhere on your site, and with as many sliders as you care to show. It’s one of the only sliders that also offers a Full screen version. That’s right, full screen – not just full-width. If you want your entire page to be a video or slide, Slider Revolution can handle it.You can also show video in the slider, which might seem elementary, but it’s not. Most video sliders will allow you to show video, but when you include multiple videos in multiple slides they rarely function well.
7) Visual Composer for WordPress : WordPress can be limiting to the average users when it comes to how you want your page layout to look. Even though you can do anything with HTML and CSS, most users do not know these coding languages. That’s where Visual Composer for WordPress can help.Visual Composer transforms the default WordPress page editor into a robust feature-rich editor that allows you to add columns, image galleries, accordions, tour sections, call-to-action buttons, videos, and much more.
8) Google XML Sitemaps: This plugin generates an XML sitemap for the website and helps the pages and posts get indexed by the major search engines. Every time a new post is made the plugin notifies the search engines. This is the easiest way to provide web spiders with an easy structure to crawl.
9) 404 Redirected : From my experience, business owners don’t monitor their broken links nearly as much as they should. Broken pages present a business and SEO problem for your website. On one hand, your potential customers might leave your website immediately when they see a 404 error, and on the other hand, Google will not pass PageRank to your 404 page. 404 Redirected plugin shows all URLs which return 404 errors and allow you to 301 redirect those to actual pages on your website. This will redirect traffic to the appropriate content as well as pass PageRank to the correct pages.
10) Simple Membership Plugin: The simple membership plugin lets you protect your posts and pages so only your members (free or paid) can view the protected content.